All-Inclusive MAQ®20 Product Catalog Now Available from Dataforth
All-Inclusive MAQ20 Product Catalog Now Available from DataforthDataforth has just published the MAQ®20 Industrial Data Acquisition & Control System 2014 Product Catalog. This 32-page document provides an overview of the system along with detailed descriptions, block diagrams, specifications, and ordering information for each of the module types.
The MAQ®20 family consists of DIN rail mounted, programmable, multi-channel, industrially rugged signal conditioning input and output modules and communications modules. A powerful, high performance, highly flexible system, the MAQ20 offers the industry's lowest cost per channel, integral PID loop control, and ±0.035% system accuracy (module dependent). It is ideal for test and measurement, factory and process automation, machine automation, military and aerospace, power and energy, environmental monitoring, and oil and gas applications.
One MAQ®20 communications module can interface to up to 24 I/O modules to construct a system with a maximum of 384 channels that fits within a standard 19" instrumentation rack. Modules mount on the industry standard 35x7.5mm gull-wing DIN rail. A backbone mounts within the rail providing power and communication interconnections between the communications modules and each I/O module.
The MAQ20 system includes:
- Communications Modules, which are offered in Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485, and USB with host application software interfacing to the system using Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU protocol
- Analog Input Modules, which interface to a wide range of standard industrial sensors and equipment and offer up to 16 channels of input, each of which can be independently configured; signal ranges are user selectable and offered in differential and single-ended configurations
- Voltage and Current input modules
- Thermocouple input modules
- RTD and Potentiometer input modules
- Strain Gage input module
- Frequency input module
- Analog Output Modules, which drive valves, perform other crucial process operations, and provide up to eight channels of output that can be independently configured
- Discrete Input/Output Modules, which provide multiple channels of input and output per module and offer advanced special functions as well as alarm capability
- System Backbone, which resides within the DIN rail used for module mounting and provides power to and interface between the communications module and the I/O modules
DownloadTwo dedicated software packages are offered for the system: the easy-to-use, out-of-the-box ReDAQ Shape for MAQ20, which is ideal for data acquisition, monitoring and control applications, and the advanced, intuitive IPEmotion, which represents the next step in test & measurement.
The MAQ®20 Product Catalog can be downloaded at www.dataforth.com/catalog/pdf/MAQ20_Catalog.pdf.
Additional FeaturesAs the MAQ20 system is a Modbus server, it can be operated remotely with no local PC. Additional features include:
- Up to 4GB of logged data can be transferred via FTP during real-time acquisition
- System firmware automatically registers installation and removal of I/O modules
- Equal load sharing boost power supply modules enable system expansion
- Hot swappable I/O modules with field-side pluggable terminal blocks on most models
- MAQ20 system is designed to operate in -40°C to +85°C environments
- I/O modules can be mounted remotely from the communications module
Both packages provide the MAQ20 with leading-edge PID loop control. With ReDAQ Shape, the MAQ20 communications module is capable of autonomously running up to 32 PID control loops; with IPEmotion software, an unlimited number of PID loops can be run; the only limiting factor is the processing power of the PC. Typical PID applications include steam, water, and chemical flow control; tank level control; heat exchanger/ reactor temperature control, and pressure control.
Like all Dataforth products, the MAQ20 system provides exceptional isolation, protection, accuracy, and reliability. All MAQ20 modules are designed for installation in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations and have a high level of immunity to environmental noise commonly found in heavy industrial environments.
Dataforth was established in 1984 and is the world leader in data acquisition and control, signal conditioning, and data communication products for industrial applications. Worldwide, our products provide rugged signal and data integrity and wide spectrum accuracy. All Dataforth products are manufactured in the USA and have been RoHS Compliant since 2006. The Dataforth Quality Management System is ISO9001:2015 registered.
For additional information, call 800-444-7644 toll-free, or email email@example.com.
Was this content helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!