Dataforth’s DSCT Two-Wire Transmitter ModulesReceive ATEX Certification
Dataforth Corporation issued a Declaration of Conformity on April 27, 2021, stating that their product family of DSCT two-wire transmitter modules is in conformance with the 2019 EN60079-15 standard, and therefore is now ATEX compliant for use in hazardous locations.
The 2019 EN60079-15 standard covers explosive atmospheres Part 15: equipment protection by type of protection ‘n’, following the provisions of Directive 2014/34/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonization of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Dataforth's DSCT series of loop-powered 2-wire transmitters consists of seven family groups with a total of 48 transmitter models that interface to a wide variety of voltage, current, temperature, and position measuring devices. As one of Dataforth’s Instrument Class® products, the DSCT family provides superior specifications such as ±0.03% accuracy, five poles of filtering, 1500Vrms continuous isolation, and low output noise.
- DSCT 2-wire transmitters condition and send analog signals from sensors located in the field to monitoring and control equipment, usually computers, located thousands of feet away in central control areas.
- They accept a wide range of inputs, including millivolt, volt, milliamp, thermocouple, RTD, potentiometer, and slide wire.
- They operate on power from a 2-wire signal loop and modulate the supply current to represent the input signal within a 4-to-20mA range.
As DSCTs operate from signal loop current, only low-cost, twisted-pair wiring is needed, making these two-wire transmission loops an economical way to connect sensors and distant measuring equipment.
Key DSCT features include:
- ± 0.03% Accuracy (Typical)
- ± 0.01% Linearity
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation & 240Vrms Field-side Protection
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- Wide Loop Supply Voltage, 10.8V to 60V
- 5-Pole Low-Pass Filtering
- Up to 160dB CMR
- 85dB NMR at 60Hz, 80dB at 50Hz
- Protected Against Reverse Connection of Loop Voltage
- -40°C to +80°C Operating Temperature
- Mounts on DIN Rail EN 50022, 35x7.5 or 35x15
- CSA C/US Certified (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D)
- CE and ATEX Compliant
- Manufactured per RoHS 3 Directive 2015/863/EU
Dataforth's DSCT two-wire transmitter modules are considered components for use in larger systems and end users are recommended to provide an appropriate enclosure for all modules for full hazardous location compliance and optimal EMC performance.
For ATEX conformance in the Declaration of Conformity, the modules were derated from the published value of 1500Vrms to 320Vrms max continuous CMV.
Dataforth products directly connect to most industrial sensors and protect valuable measurement and control signals and equipment from the dangerous and degrading effects of noise, transient power surges, and other hazards present in industrial environments. Dataforth products are manufactured in the USA and are RoHS 3 compliant. The company operates under an ISO9001:2015 registered and certified Quality Management System.
For additional information, call 800-444-7644 toll-free, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.dataforth.com.