DIN Rail Dual Port Signal-Powered RS-232 Line Driver
The DCP35 series of products is designed to allow RS-232 devices to be inter-connected over distances sufficient to cover any industrial or institutional complex of buildings. These line drivers feature a DIN rail mountable enclosure for application to a junction box, a panel, a relay rack, the sides of computer equipment, or anywhere a DIN rail can be mounted.
The DCP35 series does not require a power supply for operation. The use of low power circuits and a sensitive optically isolated receiver allows the devices to derive all necessary power from the RS-232 data and control signals. They are designed for full-duplex, asynchronous operation over two, DC-continuous, non-loaded, twisted-wire pairs. Two-wire simplex operation may be accomplished over one twisted- wire pair. The line driver circuits and, consequently, the host device are protected from electrical transients due to lightning strikes or operation of heavy industrial equipment.
Each device features a convenient DCE (Data Communication Equipment) to DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) switch which reverses pins 2 and 3 of the RS-232 connector. For installation and system troubleshooting each unit has diagnostic Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) on the transmit and receive lines. The DCP35 is available in a single or dual channel package. The RS-232 connector may be ordered as a male or female 9-pin connector. Field connection is made through pluggable solderless screw terminals.
Usually stock to 2-3 weeks
- Signal-powered: No Power Source Required
- Optical Isolation: Breaks Ground Loops
- Heavy Duty Surge Protectors: Prevents Lightning Damage
- LED Diagnostic Indicators: Simplifies Installation and System Troubleshooting
- 19.2K bps (baud) to 0.5 Mile (0.8km), 9.6K bps to 2.0 Miles (3.3km), 1.2K bps to 7.0 Miles (11.7km)
- Four-Wire Full Duplex, Two-Wire Simplex
- Pluggable Solderless Screw Terminal Field Connections
- Null Modem Switch
- Single or Dual Channel Package
- CE Compliant
* ... Status Codes: PR = Production, PT = Prototypes, QU = Quoted
We want your feedback!
We are interested in your feedback regarding our products. Please let us know what you think and if you have any questions regarding the SCM5B32 and how this product could apply to your application. Your feedback is very valuable to us and very much appreciated.
Was this content helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!