Electronics Design Engineer - Firmware Development
Dataforth Corporation is seeking an experienced Electronics Design Engineer specializing in Firmware Development to join its product design team. Dataforth is a worldwide leader in Instrument Class Industrial Electronics - rugged, high performance signal conditioning, data acquisition, and data communication products that play a vital role in industrial automation, data acquisition, quality assurance, and test and measurement applications. The design environment allows Firmware Engineers to be involved in many aspects of product design and manufacturing, but primary responsibility is development of firmware for state of the art microcontrollers and SoCs central to existing and new designs.
Dataforth is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Electronics Design Engineers specializing in Firmware Development work closely with the high performance analog and digital circuits on which the code runs. Firmware is architected and designed to be efficient, documented, and tested. Engineers debug and fix hardware and firmware issues in embedded systems and achieve schedule commitments by addressing obstacles. Involvement in designs is from product inception through manufacturing, inclusive of production test. Join a team that develops data acquisition and control equipment in a company known worldwide for performance, quality, and reliability.
- BSCS, BSCE, or BSEE with significant coursework in firmware engineering
- Experience developing embedded microcontroller applications
- Experience with microcontroller elements such as ADC, DAC, Timer, PWM, GPIO, I2C, SPI
- Experience using development tools such as logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, code analyzers, IDEs, programmers.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital circuit fundamentals
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and be a team player as well as work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with time constraints and able to deliver quality in stressful situations
- Masters Degree in engineering or computer science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development
- Successful track record with various products