Fully Isolated RS-232/485 Converter
The LDM485 series is designed for full duplex operation over two-wire pairs. Outputs are tri-state, allowing multidropping of up to 64 units. Hardware handshake is available over two separate wire pairs. Data rates are DC to 57.6k baud. Six diagnostic LED indicators are provided (see Figure 1) for installation guidance and system troubleshooting. The RS-232 interface supports Request To Send, Clear To Send, Data Set Ready, Received Line Signal Detect, and Data Terminal Ready. A convenient null modem switch is provided for the data lines. Also, a line termination switch connects a line termination resistor and line bias resistors to the RS-485 receive lines. The RS-485 interface supports Request To Send and Clear To Send on separate wire pairs. The LDM485 may be used to convert two sets of send and receive channels by using RTS and CTS circuits as the second data channels. Data rates are the same. The units use 12VAC from a wall-mounted transformer to screw terminals 1 and 2 on the RS-485 connector. Alternately, they can use ±12VDC to pins 9 (+) and 10 (-) of the RS-232 connector.
- Complete Isolation with Optical Couplers and Power DC-to-DC Converter
- Industrial Surge Protection Devices
- Six LED Diagnostic Indicators
- 19.2K Baud at 3 Miles (5km), 57.6K Baud at 0.5 Miles (0.8 km)
- Request-To-Send, Clear-To-Send Handshake
- Tri-state Outputs for Multidrop Applications, Up to 64 Devices
- Selection of Connectors
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
- Solderless Screw Terminal Field Connections
- CE Compliant
We want your feedback!
We are interested in your feedback regarding our products. Please let us know what you think and if you have any questions regarding the SCM5B32 and how this product could apply to your application. Your feedback is very valuable to us and very much appreciated.