Dataforth's New DAQ System + Application Software
Release Date: Nov 3 2010The 8B isoLynx® SLX300 - Dataforth's newly introduced data acquisition system - builds on the proven reliability and outstanding performance of the SCM5B isoLynx® SLX200 and the miniature-sized SensorLex® 8B isolated signal conditioning modules to provide a compact, low cost solution for wide ranging rugged industrial applications.
ReDAQ® Shape is Dataforth's new out-of-the-box DAQ software designed specifically for the 8B isoLynx® SLX300 system; it provides the easiest and most efficient development tool to create, save, and open graphical user interface projects as well as to test, process, and analyze acquired data.
Using industry standard Modbus RTU or TCP protocols, the 8B isoLynx® SLX300 enables communication with a broad range of existing third-party software tools and HMI/SCADA packages. Pluggable modules provide the system with maximum flexibility of analog and digital channel configuration (choose from 70 analog and 14 digital I/O modules), making it ideal for factory automation, process control, test and measurement, machine control, and data acquisition applications. The SLX300 also offers advanced features including high-speed acquisition (to 100kS/s burst), alarms, counters, and timers.
The SLX300's modular design can be configured with up to twelve channels of isolated analog input, four channels of isolated analog output, and eight channels of isolated digital I/O using Dataforth's SensorLex® 8B analog and SCMD digital modules. Multiple powerful, high-speed microcontrollers and high performance data converters at the heart of the SLX300 system enable simultaneous analog and digital I/O at sustained rates of up to 3.0kS/s.
Ensuring powerful functionality, the eight digital I/O channels can be configured to perform seven different advanced special functions: pulse/frequency counter, pulse/frequency counter with de-bounce, waveform measurement, time between events, frequency generator, pulse width modulation (PWM) generator, and one-shot pulse generator. The 8B isoLynx® SLX300 also enables four alarm states - high, high-high, low, and low-low - to be set on the analog input and digital I/O special function channels with alarm output mapped to a user selectable analog or digital output channel.
Key 8B isoLynx® SLX300 Features
- Modbus RTU and TCP Support
- 1500Vrms Input-to-Output & Channel-to-Channel Isolation
- 240Vrms Field-Side Protection
- Wide I/O Selection
- Analog: 15 Product Families, 70 Models
- Digital: 5 Product Families, 14 Models
- Mix & Match Analog & Digital I/O
- Advanced Features Including Alarms, Counters, Timers, PWMs, and more
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
- Free Configuration Software
- CE Compliant
- UL/CUL Listing and ATEX Compliance Pending
- Manufactured per RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC
Additional SLX300 features and special purpose functions specifically for data acquisition and control include:
- Current sampled data from analog input channels is stored to a 192k sample buffer; data is available as minimum, maximum, and average readings with selectable averaging weight
- A burst mode of operation allows up to 100kS/s sampling rate on analog input channels and also provides a waveform generator function using the analog output channels
- Burst sampling mode can be set up with a single shot or repetitive 48 entry scan list to specify scan sequence, scan rate, and scan count; continuous scan mode scans up to 16 input channels
ReDAQ® ShapeThis new application software for the 8B isoLynx® SLX300 system includes built-in functions in the Acquire and Analyze panels that can be used without setup and configuration, while just three easy steps are required to create customized Presentation panels using 18 high quality controls and powerful isoLynx® SLX300 functions.
ReDAQ® Shape also provides the most effective way to set up and configure these SLX300 functions. The software controls are easily used to create, move, re-size, cut, copy, paste, and delete; they also support any graphical file format so presentations made with other software can be loaded into ReDAQ® Shape.
In contrast to other graphical software environments, ReDAQ® Shape SLX300 software has a very short user-learning curve. It was created using programming tools incorporated from Microsoft Visual Studio® and National Instruments Measurement Studio™ ensuring its integrated, across-the-board applicability.
ReDAQ® Shape Controls & 8B isoLynx® SLX300 Functions:
- Picture Box
- Numeric Edit
- Text Box
- Chart Recorder
- Group Box
- XY Plot
- Discrete Waveform Graph
- Continuous and burst scan modes for 12 analog input channels and 4 analog output channels
- Data automatically scaled from counts to engineering units
- Eight discrete I/O with seven special functions
- Customer user tag name for any input and output
- Cold Junction Compensation and linearization for thermocouple input modules
- Control loop and alarm output
- Three function timer (count-down, 24hr/day, day/time) with 10 programmable events
Original Release: November 2010
Was this content helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!